Relax – Stress Reduction
Dr. Hobbs has compiled concepts from some of the greatest thinkers in ways to Reduce, Remove, and Accommodate to stress in your life. If you are willing to listen, read, and do the exercises, I expect your life will be transformed. Of course, this will not remove all the stress from your life, but it is a great place to start.
Recent studies have shown that a program VERY similar to ours, called the Relaxation Response Resiliency program (3Rp) (1) was able to dramatically reduce the need for going to the doctor and having medical procedures performed.
– The Relaxation Response has been around since the 70’s. The original work in an old, tattered book by Dr. Herbert Benson was the inspiration of our Stress “Management” series portion of our Relax – Stress Reduction program. Although this is incredibly valuable and effective, we realized that we needed to help people go beyond managing their stress, so series 2 helps address some of the root causes.
– Important elements of the 3Rp program include classes where the participants are educated about how these approaches impact their body and how to apply Deep, Slow Breathing and Progressive Muscle Relaxation techniques.
– As you go through our Stress Reduction program, you will find that this is the same format we use.
Does it work? A study came out in October 2015 demonstrated…
At one year, total [health care service] utilization for the intervention group decreased by 43%, and [medical] procedures [decreased] by 21.4% (2)
You will gain access to Stress Management and Stress Resolution keys for:
- Self-view and Value
- Finding your Purpose
- Staying On-Purpose
- Where Do I Go When I Die – Worldview
- Relationships – Speaking the Right Love Language
- Negotiate to Win… AND Maintain a Good Relationship
- Emotional Needs
- Needs of Children
- Spreading Yourself too Thin
- Does Change stress you out?
So you can get a taste of the information, here is Track 1 – Intro to Stress Reduction
You are seeing this message, because you have not logged in or have not purchased the program for accessing restricted info on this page.
Once you have purchased the subscription to “Relax – Stress Reduction” or the more encompassing programs: the Healthy Brain program (HBp) or the full Tinnitus Synergy program, the Sleep program will be accessible on this page.
This is the download for the pdf of worksheets and notes that go along with the audios below.
The first series of audio tracks covers
Physical and Mental Techniques of Stress Management and Your Purpose
Now we have a Progressive Muscle Relaxation, specifically for Tinnitus. Additionally, we teach you how to move to QUICKER versions of the muscle relaxation techniques. You can set this to repeat on an audio player to put you to sleep as you progressively relax each muscle in your body — scanning for tension and releasing it, one muscle at a time.
Muscle Relaxation for Tinnitus
The next series of audio tracks covers the stress-reducing approaches:
Relationships, Communication, and Finances.
- 3Rp described: http://www.integration.samhsa.gov/health-wellness/3rp.pdf
- 3Rp study shows need for less medical utilization:http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0140212